Don’t skip breakfast! Stop skipping meals while out on the road! Stop eating at fast food restaurants. We have solutions for you. They are quick, easy and delicious. We hope you had a chance to read part one of our mini blender series. These recipes in part two will be a healthier and quick solution for your mind and body to enjoy.
At Paramount Freight Systems, we care about our drivers. We know it is hard to keep up with eating healthy when you’re on a time crunch to deliver freight. With a mini travel blender you can create a quick and delicious meal in your cab within minutes. Below are some quick recipes that are faster than waiting in line for “fast food.”
Here’s a recipe for each meal of the day.
Breakfast – Banana Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 medium banana, sliced (frozen works best)
- 1 cup strawberries, halved (frozen works best)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole, soy or almond)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. It is really that easy.
Lunch – Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 Roasted red bell pepper
- Half a clove of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of pepper
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Store in a plastic container and keep refrigerated.
Dinner – Avocado, Sweet Potato Soup (Serves 2)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Small Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (small pieces to blend easily)
- 1 medium Carrot, peeled and chopped (small pieces to blend easily)
- 1 Avocado
- 3 small Dates
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Spinach tightly packed or 2 cups loosely packed. (Or any other mild greens)
Blend the ingredients together in the order listed above. Take your time with the sweet potato and carrots, adding water when needed. Blend until it begins to warm up and split half of the total into two bowls. Blend the rest of the ingredients of the soup with the spinach and pour into the middle of the bowls then mix. You’re all set with an extra healthy soup for dinner with leftovers.
Dessert – S’mores Shake
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole, soy, almond, chocolate or any type you like)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- Garnishes: mini chocolate chips, graham cracker
Combine milk, ice cream, fudge sauce, and half of marshmallows in a blender; process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses. Top with remaining marshmallows, and garnish, if desired.
At Paramount Freight Systems we appreciate all the hard work that goes into being an Owner Operators and Lease Purchasers. We know this is not an easy job but we want to help make life on the road feel as close to home as possible. You can use your mini blender for many different types of meals, not just for smoothies or shakes. This should be one of the most important cooking tools in your cab and at home. Want to learn more about being an Owner Operators and Lease Purchasers? Contact us! Share your smoothie recipes with us on our social media channels.
Connect with us on: